When I moved into my first house, I was sure that I would flourish. I felt confident that I was equipped with above average cooking and cleaning skills. The practical application of preparing or cooking for every meal, however, was not something that I had accounted for. When life gets busy with classes, work, and other extracurricular activities, many college students need a quick, easy, and filling meal to provide them with enough sustenance to move forward with their day. I introduce to you, “Quick and Easy Alfredo.”
Quick and Easy Alfredo Recipe
* Half and Half
1. Bring water to a boil in a medium sized pot
2. Once water is at a boil, add your choice of noodles. Cook the noodles until they are al dente.
3. Next, strain the noodles. Place the strained noodles back into the pot.
4. Combine the half and half, parmesan, and pepper in a small cup.
5. Microwave the mixture at 30 second intervals until the cheese has melted and stir.
6. Pour the mixture over the noodles, stir and enjoy.
This is one of my favorite quick recipes. Not only does the meal leave you full, but it also cost effective. Portion sizes are completely dependent on how much pasta you would like to make, so you can cook for one or for many. You can even add chicken or steak to this pasta for extra protein.
If you are like me, you need a meal that will be ready in minutes. College life moves fast, and many students crave meals that are quick and easy so that they can move forward with their bustling life.